Sunday 11 December 2016

2016 Review




 

I think thats it for 2016 but every weekend in December so far we've said "Is that it?" and the so called "Year that keeps on giving" has produced another two rares for us in December. 

So 2016......I didn't get my first lifer until July but then the year sprung into life, and a complete opposite to 2015. We had a decent Autumn for a change. 

Statistics wise - a decent year I think, with at least five lifers, maybe as many as seven eventually but we'll just have to wait and see. Finally I went a year without a Staffs tick but I did get two Westport ticks.

Bird of the year - thats easy...it was the Red-eyed Vireo in Porthgwarra.

Enough waffle. You can read the blog for yourself.

So on behalf of all the Clayheads, I would like to wish all of our good friends a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and we'll see you all on January 1st. Obviously we'll see the proper birders for the rest of the year as well.

Personally, I would like to thank all my fellow brother Clayheads for their support and companionship throughout the year, especially in June. One of the worse trips the Clayheads have ever been but you all turned up and for that I thank you.

Love to you all (well most of you) and see you all next year!

Finally, we have to end the year on with a song. This song is dedicated to the rest of the Clayheads. To The Stalker, PJ, PLo and CJW I hope you enjoy this fine tune, and for Chris you have my permission to watch it muted.