Tuesday 23 August 2011

Saturday 20th August

A shorter day trip today due to family commitments, so I headed to Branston GPs and Blithfield with CJW. It appears that Branston has been visited quite frequently during the week, and to my complete shock today as we entered, two birdwatchers were walking out. These are the 3rd and 4th birders I've met here this year. Certainly things appear to be picking up in Staffs at the moment, and even more surprising, the field has finally been cut, and so access now is a lot easier glad you took my advice Mr Farmer).


Highlight of the visit was a site tick for me, found by old sharp-eyes himself, CJW


Two Collared Doves - a Branston GP tick!

We managed to eventually found the juv Spotted Redshank again, plus a large count of 15 Green Sands.


It was then off to Blithfield, and we just sat in Tad Bay and never moved, seeing the juv Black-necked Grebe again

...a Peregrine...

...and the two Garganey