Monday 8 September 2014

Sunday 7th September 2014 - Slow start to Autumn

Last couple of weekends have been a bit busy, but I've managed to go out birding on Sundays instead of my usual Saturday. I've not left the county yet this autumn and just visited the local sites as per usual. After all, its better to be out birding on your local patches than just sitting at home waiting for the next charter flight to Fair Isle.

Here's a few pictures I've taken recently. 

This Heron was sat in the dead tree at Branston on 31st August


Calling into Blithfield on the way home saw three Turnstone. Above is a photo of just one. I wasn't quick enough to get all three

 This Blood-vein moth was seen on 7th September at the pits


 This Small Copper showed quite well in the beautiful autumn sun.

 Branston was fairly quiet, so it was over to photographing butterflies again


As I was walking back to the car, this Spotted Flycatcher showed quite well